Consolate Awuor Okoth
Master of Public Health (Monitoring and Evaluation)
BSc. Environmental Health
Public Health Specialist
Address: P.O. Box 558-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
September 2016 to date: Doctor of Philosophy (Public Health), Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
2014: Master of Public Health (Monitoring and Evaluation), Kenyatta University.
2007: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health, Kenyatta University.
1998-2001: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E); Yenga Secondary School. Mean grade B plain.
1990-1997: Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (K.C.P.E); Sidok Primary School. 523 marks.
Nasirumbi P.R and Okoth C.A (2018). Determinants of Insecticide Treated Mosquito Nets Utilization Among Households in Vihiga Sub-County. Research Journali’s Journal of Public Health, www.researchjournali.com/pdf/4473.pdf.
- September 2016 to date: Tutorial fellow, Department of Public and Community Health, School of Health Sciences, Machakos University.
- May 2016 to September 2016: Tutorial fellow, Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Mount Kenya University.
- September 2015 to September 2016: Lecturer (Part-time), Department of Biological and health Sciences, School of Pure and Applied Sciences, Machakos University College.
- May 2014 to May 2016: Lecturer (part-time), Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Mount Kenya University.
- May 2011- August 2011: Research Assistant, Kenya Medical Research Institute (Centre for Public Health Research).
- January 2010- February 2010: Research Assistant, Promotive Health Consultancy
- June 2008- September 2008: Research Assistant, Bon Santé Consulting
- July 2007- May 2008: Public Health Intern, Nairobi City Council
- June 2006- September 2006: Intern Research Assistant, Kenya Agricultural Research Institute- Trypanosomiasis Research Centre (KARI-TRC)
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
- Maternal and child health
- Adolescent health
- Public health
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Licensed member of the Public Health Officers and Technicians Council (PHOTC), license number PL/0152/PHO
CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS
- Workshop on Leveraging Statistical Knowledge for National Research and Development held at Machakos University (26th June, 2018).
- 1st Annual International conference on Harnessing Research, Innovation and technology for Sustainable Development held at Machakos University (17th -19th April, 2018)
- Chemical Security Training for Universities and College Staff within Machakos County, Kenya; held at Machakos University (18th to 20th July, 2017)
- Workshop on research, innovation and technology held at Machakos University College (15th to 16th September, 2016)
- Fire safety training held at Mount Kenya University, Thika (23rd May, 2016)
- Training on pedagogy skills held at Mount Kenya University, Thika (25th to 26th May, 2015)
- Workshop on introduction to STATA held at Kenyatta University, Nairobi (28th February to 5th March, 2011).
- Research Assistant training on a project “Mapping of the Informal Sector Interventions and rapid impact of HIV/AIDs in the Informal Sector” at AMREF Training Centre, Nairobi (14th -16th January 2010).
- Workshop on Geographic Information System (G.I.S) Training at Regional Aids Training Network (RATN), Nairobi (21st to 22nd August 2008).
- Conference on the 1st All African Environmental Health Congress held in Nairobi (27th-30th August, 2007).